To get the best results when streaming your Apex Legends gameplay, make sure to follow the best practices for accurately clipping your Fortnite streams using Eklipse AI that we will show on this page.
Important: Correct Game Category #
When setting up your live stream, it’s important to make sure you choose the correct game category. This will help Eklipse to identify the game you stream. To ensure that you select the right category, follow the instructions for your respective live stream platform.
- Open ‘Creator Dashboard’
- Choose ‘Stream Manager’ on left-sidebar
- Click the pencil icon ‘Edit Stream Info’ on right ‘Quick Actions’ bar
- Look for ‘Category’ section then type the game title you want to stream
- Open ‘YouTube Studio’
- Click ‘Create’ > ‘Go Live’ on the top-right
- Choose ‘Stream’ on left-side menu > Click ‘Edit’
- Look for ‘Category’ section > change it to ‘Gaming’
- Type the game title you want to stream on ‘Game Title’ box
Facebook Gaming #
- Open your Facebook Gaming page
- Look for ‘Create’ section > click ‘Live’
- Hit ‘Select’ button on the ‘Go Live’ section
- Make sure you choose ‘Stream setup’ menu on the left-sidebar
- Look for ‘gaming’ section on the right-side
- Type the game title that you want to stream on the ‘Game’ box
Important: Set Your Stream Public #
Always set your stream public! Eklipse AI needs access to your stream so it can pull your stream data to automatically create highlights. All you need to do is turn on the option above, here’s the instruction to access it:
- Click your profile icon (on the top right) > Creator Dashboard.
- Look at the left-sidebar menu, choose Settings > Stream
- Scroll down a bit, you’ll find the option illustrated above, turn it on.
Recommended Stream Overlays #
To enable Eklipse AI to identify key moments in your streams, avoid obstructing crucial areas of your game screen with an overlay or a facecam. The ‘safe’ area for overlay placement is shown in the blue region in the image below, but you can also position your overlay in a non-interfering part of the screen that does not overlap with the gameplay.
Do put your overlay and facecam on the blue “safe area”. The picture above is the ideal overlay and facecam positioning that guarantees precise capture of significant moments by Eklipse AI.
Don’t cover the important game HUD as it can interrupt Eklipse’s automatic capturing process. As you can see in the image above, the overlay position is not ideal since it is placed outside of the blue “safe area” and covers the important game UI.
Languages and Game Settings #
Currently, Eklipse AI only supports the English version of Apex Legends. Therefore, we recommend using English as your gaming language for the optimal experience with our AI. Also, please ensure that the background color of kill messages is set to the publisher’s default.
Other Tips to Notes #
In addition to using Eklipse AI to automatically clip your Twitch stream, you can also manually clip your stream using Eklipse Hit Moment! This latest feature enables you to create clips by simply typing !eklipse as a chat command on Twitch. If you want to learn more about this feature, please visit this page:
To learn more about capturing more accurate highlights for other games supported by Eklipse AI, read: